04 / 2011

My haibun has also been selected to appear in Contemporary Haibun Volume 12. Contemporary Haibun is a series dedicated to the best haibun and haiga written each year in English from around the world. It is a unique publication in the annals of the world poetry press. Copies may be purchased from http://redmoonpress.com for $17. (April 2, 2011 at 22:26)

I will be at Dylan’s concert in Auckland on April 30th. My first live concert experience was Leonard Cohen here in Wellington last November. (April 12, 2011 at 16:57)

The elephant’s foot. I had a dream last night of a second foot print. (April 12, 2011 at 17:02)

Rip Van Winkle
within the elephant’s foot –
half-asleep
(April 13, 2011 at 0:33)

Ted van Zutphen –
still pond–
shadow of a mayfly
in the depths

Svetlana Marisova
Congratulations <3 April 13, 2011 - The Mainichi Daily News (April 13, 2011 at 15:11)
A little birdie told me that one of my haiku was published in today’s issue of The Mainichi Daily News. What a delightful surprise! (April 13, 2011 at 16:33)

in her eyes
only my reflection –
summer’s end
(April 14, 2011 at 21:35)

The latest issue of Simply Haiku has now been published. It is a real honour to be the featured poet for Spring 2011. (April 15, 2011 at 22:49)

Today marks the beginning of Holy Week. You are welcome to walk with me as I explore the road to Hiruhirama in my own spirit, along the via dolorosa to the abandonment on Calvary. (April 17, 2011 at 12:51)

“If that Jerusalem which is unshakeable friendship with God has not first been established in the heart, how can the objective Jerusalem of communal charity be built so as not to fail?” – James K. Baxter (April 17, 2011 at 13:00)

autumn burial …
the ripening of seed sown
in darkness
(April 17, 2011 at 15:09)

spring renewal –
expanding its horizons,
a hermit crab
(April 17, 2011 at 16:49)

last supper –
the covenant of love
in this cup
(April 21, 2011 at 19:21)

my image
two inches behind
your eyes
(April 21, 2011 at 21:07)

autumn night
unfolding before my eyes
from nothing
(April 23, 2011 at 10:59)

morning dew …
the sun still entombed
in the earth
(April 23, 2011 at 12:50)

ANZAC DAY – April 25th
red poppies –
the stain of innocence
remains
(April 25, 2011 at 2:38)

Only 5 days to go. Will I hear him deliver Desolation Row, Ballad of a Thin Man, Forever Young? I wonder if he ever performs Gates of Eden live. I am sure that whatever he offers will be just right. 🙂 (April 25, 2011 at 9:33)

Видение

Есть некий час, в ночи, всемирного молчанья,
И в оный час явлений и чудес
Живая колесница мирозданья
Открыто катится в святилище небес.

Тогда густеет ночь, как хаос на водах,
Беспамятство, как Атлас, давит сушу;
Лишь Музы девственную душу
В пророческих тревожат боги снах!
(April 27, 2011 at 23:16)

A Vision by Tyutchev
There is an hour at night full of an awesome wonder,
When universal silence o’er the whole world lies
And when the cosmic chariot rolls, wakening no thunder,
Into the sanctuary of the skies.

The dark of chaos comes, land, sky and water merging;
Sleep Atlas-like treads earth, its weight like lead;
The gods with dreams prophetic fire the virgin
Soul of the Muse; all else is dead.
April 27, 2011 at 23:18

I shall be at http://www.vectorarena.co.nz/index.cfm in a short while to soak up the words of a legend. You may envy me if you wish 🙂 (April 30, 2011 at 16:39)